In this episode of the Tech Intersect™ Podcast, Tonya speaks with cybersecurity expert, and Digijaks founder and CEO, Alan W. Silberberg. Alan has a 25-year background in national politics and technology. He was even instrumental in analyzing the Democratic National Convention email hack that led to the Wikileaks release of 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments from the top of the US DNC. He speaks and advises on the dangers of social media being used for propaganda and has written dozens of articles about weaponized information, which he also writes about in his book, Bots Against US: The Ongoing Information War Against the United States. This topic is especially relevant in this 2020 election cycle. It’s also a topic I speak about in the Elect Tech 2020 session at South by Southwest 2020 in Austin. Every person, government and businesses is at risk of falling victim to a cyberattack. And, as Alan explains, security on the internet of things is completely non-existent. And then there’s the threat to our political system with coordinated political propaganda bots working to create instability in the US elections and the political system at large. Time to listen, learn and leverage™.
Guest social assets:
- Twitter: @IdeaGov
- Web: digijaks.com
- Buy Bots Against US, by Alan W. Silberberg
Questions and requests: email@example.com
- Questions and requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow: Twitter @AtTechIntersect Instagram @TechIntersect
- Web: http://www.TechIntersectPodcast.com
- Mailing List: http://eepurl.com/gKqDyP
UPGRADE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Want early access to episodes, exclusive content including full show notes, live video chats and replays, a copy of my e-book, The Gen Xers Guide to Upskilling for a Web 3.0 World and self-guided course of the same name?
Subscribe to Advantage Evans™ Plus, Advantage Evans Premium™ or Advantage Evans Pro™
If you like my content and want to support my efforts, you can buy me a coffee and share your thoughts 🎉☕ https://www.buymeacoffee.com/techintersect
Rapternal Music (Regulate and The Rabbit Hole) by Notty Productions is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Produced by Tonya Evans for FYOS Entertainment, LLC, and Stephanie Renee for Soul Sanctuary, Inc.
Advantage Evans™ Subscriber Notes below :
[mepr-show if=”rule: 609″]
- 4 Promising Use Cases of Blockchain In Cybersecurity
- Cyber risk in an Internet of Things world
- How the Russians hacked the DNC and passed its emails to WikiLeaks
- Fighting deepfakes when detection fails
- We’re In the Middle of a Global Information War. Here’s What We Need to Do to Win (Time)
- The Information War Is On. Are We Ready For It?
- Are ‘bots’ manipulating the 2020 conversation? Here’s what’s changed since 2016
- How Political Campaigns Weaponize Social Media Bots